Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Au Petit Fer à Cheval - Paris

Breakfast at an Institution
This place, whose name means "little horseshoe", is something of a hip spot according to what I read on the internet. Apparently, a lot of celebs hang there, or used to. I know it as a local place to get a good breakfast and hear good jazz.


The horseshoe-shaped bar gives it its name. There are also many tiny details that lend a nice ambience like the chandelier you see in the photo below.
The fans are ancient, there is an old clock and the bottles hang upside-down along an antique rack.

Even the tiled floors have a unique swirl and a lifetime of grit.
I went for brunch which consists of coffee, a croissant, buttered tartine, yogurt, cherry marmalade....
...and scrambled eggs with fresh tomato slices. I sat at the bar, read the paper, ate lazily and listened to the classic jazz. Such a peaceful, pleasant way to spend the morning. If the weather had been warmer, I would have sat outside and people-watched.
4th Arrondissement
Paris

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm babe, your breakfast looks like a better deal than mine. Yours have scramble eggs! Looks good!!!

    I remember this is the first place I stepped into with you in Paris for our first cup of cafe creme and tarte tartine.... :) Nice... Thinking back makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well this being Paris, they'll throw in a few eggs for 5 euros more. This city is absurd, price-wise. I miss my NY $2 coffee and bagel cart-guy special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, everything looks oh-so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon - it is a good French breakfast for sure. For absolute, over the top, deliciousness and sugar-tooth satisfaction, the Praluline and Pralus stands alone.

    Check out my post on Pralus.

    ReplyDelete