Thursday, September 9, 2010

Once Upon a Milkshake - Singapore

Fourth Time's a Charm
I'd been to Once Upon a Milkshake before and was forced to accept some lesser flavor like mocha. I've peeked in a few other times but they were always out of it. Just take it off the menu, already. Stop teasing me. The other day, one more peek. They have it!! I burst through the door so hard everyone momentarily stopped fondling their iBaubles.

Peanut butter ice cream with chopped peanuts, been waiting so long for you. Would you live up to the wait or disappoint? I can't make up my mind. I was hoping for greater peanut intensity but the texture and richness of the ice cream just about made up for it. I think I would take this, throw it in a blender and add half a cup of peanut butter.... Oh man, that sounds good.

As you can tell from the menu, this is an oh-so-cutesie-poo type of spot. It's not nutty peanut butter, but "butler", get it? You don't exactly come here with your boys on the way to the poker game. Of course, I'm so manly I can come here in broad daylight and sip a strawberry shake while I page through a Glamour.

They got a schnazzy decor and a relaxed vibe. Next time I'll try a shake.
Singapore

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

4 comments:

  1. How come you checked this out without me??? I didn't hear about the chopped nuts!!

    I want some too!! I should go get a very rich strawberry shake soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dodo - chopped nuts are a hard topic to bring up out of the blue, you know what I mean? You gotta wait for the right moment....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad is visiting & in his honor I bought some peanut butter granola. But it didn't really taste peanutty enough. Waaahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sal - nothing is every peanuty enough, man!

    ReplyDelete