Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Van Bol & Feste - Milan

Full Stomach Revenge, Cont'd
I don't eat a lot.  Matter of fact, for a food blogger I'm a disgrace.  In Milan, however, I flipped it.  Maximum jealousy potential, remember?  Van Bol e Feste fit the bill - just the kind of schwank-a-billy place the fancy-Dodo likes.  Counting Sugar, I was two-fer-two.
I bounded off the tram and barged in like a cocky American, surveyed the dozens of possibilities and quickly settled on a brioche with chocolate innards.  I mean, come on, I've been with this chick for years, I know what it takes to get her goat.
I sat behind the bar and gleefully dismembered it.  I must have looked like a wolf with a small helpless creature.  Wisps of powdered sugar sprayed the table as I shook my head after each bite.  I didn't slow to wipe the chocolate mustache, just kept biting and smiling.  "Here's JOHNNY!!"
This madman stood out amongst the well-dressed crowd.  Drained my Illy in one inhale.  Didn't even brush off the crumbs, just stood up, jogged out the front door, looking for my next victim.
Largo Cairoli
Milano

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. Fine!! You win! I am totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, hang on, I haven't done my final Milan post yet.....

      Delete