Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mom's Favorite - Berlin

Inter-Movie Snack
I'm not the best planner and when it comes to film festivals I'm overly ambitious.  On Saturday, I loaded myself up with back-to-back Berlinale movies with nary a space in between.  Mom's Favorite came to my rescue.  They quickly set me up with a slice of cake bigger than my big head and a bowl of coffee they call milchkaffee in these parts.  Now, I don't know about momma, but this one didn't quite end up as a favorite.
I'm still waiting for that German "ah-ha" moment, the one where I stumble into something delicious and take it all back.  As it stands, I liked the bowl of coffee with milk, a definite improvement over the nasty lattes I've had here, but the cake didn't do much for me.  Definitely, function over form.  It was calorific but sadly tasteless.  However, it did keep me going during my second movie, a strange Frenchie film about a young girl who gets kidnapped and kept in a cellar for over a decade.
Voxstrasse 2
Berlin

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the title "Mom's Favorite", I thought it will be good stuff for sure! Guess not all Mom's food are as good as Sal's!

    I wanna go back to NY!!! When babe? When???!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dodo - nope, not all Mom's got it like Sal does.

    ReplyDelete