Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Korhogo-126 - Brooklyn: CLOSED

Love at First Bite
Sometimes you just fall in love with a place. Korhogo bills itself as a French-African bistro (or African-French, not sure which.) It is named after the chef's hometown of Korhogo, Ivory Coast. The Puffin and I visited recently on a frigid night and were warmed up with a starter of crab and cod fish fritters, which were delicious.


The Puffin moved on to bacon-wrapped scallops, served with vegetables and mashed potates in a green-pea sauce. She didn't look at me or talk to me for two minutes after the first bite. She got the chef's attention and told him the dish was "orgasmic." He thanked her and then shot me with one of those "sorry, buddy" looks.

I got the vegetarian Mafe (mah-fay), which is a roasted peanut stew with okra, eggplant and assorted other vegetables. I spooned it onto the rice and gobbled it down.

This place will invariably be a "go-to" place near home. I am eager to try the rest of their menu. I am also curious to sit in their beautiful outdoor patio when the summer arrives.
Cobble Hill, Brooklyn

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

4 comments:

  1. Why should anyone else learn to cook? Sal

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean why would I learn to cook given all the good food that is available in the BK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it, bud. Sal

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only reason I can think of is the 5-story walk-up. Sometimes you gotta cook to avoid the stairs hike.

    ReplyDelete