Thursday, March 19, 2009

Paul's Da Burger Joint - Manhattan

Making Your Daddy Angry
Puffin, if I were to take you here and your dad found out, it would be curtains for me. That vegetarian doesn't play! I mean, this is a burger spot where a cow greets you on the way in. It's a cool cow, with a hat and a scarf, but it's still a cow! This post should probably go on the "Not Puff List."


I used to come here with Hatebean and Clinks when they lived in NYC. I'd forgotten all about it, but I see it's still going strong. It's one of those "fun to be in" places because they have all kinds of bric-a-brac, silly signs, checker tablecloths and stuff like that.

The waitress was working her day job, a nice break from the rigors of rollerderby. Ok, so I made that part up - I don't know if she is a rollerderby babe, but she sure looked like one. She had a tattoo of pocahontas on her arm - I tried to get a clear shot of it, but it came out a bit fuzzy.

Now to the food...it's a burger spot, pure and simple. Nothing special, nothing fancy, just large burgers at a decent price. I got a bacon cheeseburger with fries for around $10, which ain't too bad in NYC. Some of the bloggers I read are pretty harsh on this place. I have a soft spot for it. It's no A Bistro, top of my favorite burger list, but it has a place in my heart.
East Village
Manhattan

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

No comments:

Post a Comment