Friday, March 13, 2009

Le Cafe Chinois - Paris

Place des Vosges Tea House
This is the perfect place to decamp and unwind after exploring Place des Vosges or shopping along rue des Francs Bourgeois. The name, "The Chinese Cafe", doesn't quite explain this pleasant tea house. First, it is decorated with what appears to be vietnamese furniture (though I am no expert in such things.)


The wooden benches and chairs are arranged for socializing. There are also tables you can sit at to surf the free wifi. Bamboo shades filter the light gently, which made me feel all the more relaxed.


I especially liked the woven baskets lining the front counter and the many silver teapots.


A glance of the menu is what led me to call this a tea house. They serve many varieties of Chinese tea. Being rebels, Puff and I didn't order tea. I got a Vietnamese coffee and she a hot chocolate. They were served to us on a silver platter, literally. I loved the coffee - if you have not had Vietnamese coffee - you should try it. I believe it contains chicory, though I am not sure.


I took a few sips of the hot chocolate - it was creamy and rich, as are most of the hot chocolates served in Paris. Puffin gave it two thumbs up. They also offer a few desserts, though I didn't pay much attention to that side of the menu (yep, I am a lazy food blogger alright.)


If you plan to go, just look for corner cafe, painted bright red, just north of Place des Vosges.


7, rue de Bearn
4th Arondissement
Paris

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a cosy spot. They offer a variety of travel books and cookbooks too on their bookshelf.

    Should have given their tea a shot... probably next time. Right, Babe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosy for sure! Only tea next visit, PingPing!

    ReplyDelete