Saturday, June 13, 2009

Coupe Foudre - Paris

Parlez-Vous Cupcake?
After so many mediocre cupcake experiences in Paris (Berko, Cupcake and Co.) I don't know why I keep trying - it's not like I'm a cupcake nut. I cannot figure it out. Today I was walking in the 11th and remembered that a commenter suggested Coupe Foudre has the best cupcake in Paris. What the hell - ONE more try..... I walked in and went straight for the cupcake shelf and picked out a cinnamon - I'm a sucker for cinnamon.


I ordered it with a noisette (shot of espresso with milk) and took a seat outside to position myself for people-watching. It came delivered all cutesie - riding on a porcelain skirt. The noisette sat inside an egg cup on top of a silver star. I'm pretty manly, but sitting outside in front of this dainty set-up is enough to make your pecker retract an inch.

So, I did what any self-respecting man would do, I downed it in one ugly, cinnamon spraying bite. It wasn't bad, I must say. Way, way better than both Berko and Cupcake and Co. The cake was soft, though not moist enough. Pretty decent, in a "best croissant in NY" kind of way, know what I mean?

The interior is cutesie as well, so next time I come here I'm bringing the Pingle. At least then it will look like I'm accompanying my cutesie girlfriend to her cutesie cupcake place.
11th Arondissement
Paris

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I like the look of this place... it's definitely on my wish list right? Right babe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why they call it the Puff List, silly. We can go whenever you like. I am gonna get two cupcakes and two noisettes next time - they ain't so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your comment - best cupcake in Paris -- in a "best croissant in NY kind of way" - TOTALLY ! You hit it on the nail, said so perfectly ! Meanwhile, what a fancy shmancy little cupcake place, nice plateware! I'm almost curious... no cupcakes here in Zurich, sadly. And unfortunately, nothing from Magnolia or Billy's made it into my freezer either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kerrin - It's fancy alright. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Synie’s cupcakes:
    23, rue de l’Abbé Grégoire Paris, 6ème. Téléphone : 01 45 44 54 23. Métro Sèvres Baylone ou St Sulpice.
    Site web: www.syniescupcakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @我以為是我, ok I am definitely gonna go try these if you went to the trouble of getting the address and the website. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete