Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ah Long Pancake - Singapore

It's All About the Combos, Kids
Sure, you can get a simple peanut pancake, which I do from time to time. Or, you can take it up a notch at Ah Long, where the combos are paramount. I had a hard time choosing but finally settled on a egg-cheese-peanut. I watched em turn a small bowl of batter into my personal-pan sized cake in a flash. I wasn't sure what to expect, to be honest. I love all three ingredients by themselves but was unsure of mixing them. After a few bites I was happy. The egginess hit me first and the peanuttiness last. I never did taste the cheese, to be honest. This is the perfect small snack, especially when freshly hot.

Pingle's favorite: an egg-corn-peanut was better left to her and her sis. I didn't care for the corn - it reminded me of the canned corn served in high-school.

Not to worry, there are so many other combos to try. Chicken hot dog-cheese-egg sounds good, I almost ordered that one last night. Or if you want to go a tad spicier: sambla chili-carrot-spring onion-egg may do the trick. They even have a durian pancake. Click on this picture for a closer look.

Lavender Food Square
380 Jln Besar
Singapore

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a winner... gave me a scare when I got there as it has moved from original spot and I thought it was closed.

    The sugar and cheese combi is also good... hmmm.. must go get some again soon!

    Babe - shd I send some across... hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Puffin - next trip back I want to try some of the savory ones.

    ReplyDelete