Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Trois Pommes - Brooklyn

Expensive, but Worth It
I don't like to overpay for stuff, but for some reason I have a soft spot in my heart for Trois Pommes bakery. It is pricey but I simple love the place. Perhaps it's because they make so many peanut butter treats. Perhaps it's because they make old-school favorites, like the hand-made Oreos on the left of the pic, below.


Remember the Hostess cupcake? (You gotta be old like me, perhaps.) They make their own version, called the Mostess, with a deep chocolate cake. Ping-Ping ordered one by mistake, she meant to order something else. She was so disappointed when we got home and opened the bag that I offered to take if off her hands. She declined - she ain't no dum-dum.
I am a sucker for peanut bucker, so when they pointed out the peanut butter pie, I heard the Sting song "Be Still My Beating Heart" go off in my head. (I don't think anyone else heard it.) I was dinner-stuffed so after I photoed it, I told myself I'd save it for tomorrow. NOT. The filling was light, like a peanuty cloud. The bottom crust was made of something akin to crushed chocolate graham crackers. The top crust was a dark chocolate shell, it must have been applied when liquid to harden over time. At $5, let the debate begin on whether it is "overpriced."

Park Slope
Brooklyn

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

6 comments:

  1. It is definitely worth the stuffed stomach. Am not a peanut butter fan... but I am a convert when it comes to Trois Pommes :)

    Do NOT think of getting of my Mostess! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allow me to write you a poem, Ping-Ping:

    Sharing is caring,
    Hoggin is for hard-noggins,
    Some Mostess for the King,
    Leads to homemade stuffs for the Ping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely coming here! Honestly I have never been to a good bakery in brooklyn but I am so excited to come here! I have a sweet tooth for peanut butter as well! Very delish!

    -TY

    ReplyDelete
  4. FCG, make sure you get the peanut butter cookie sandwich. That is off the charts if you like peanut butter. Their jelly donuts are great too.

    I recommend a weekend morning, things tend to sell out in this place by the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've walked by this place a bunch, but haven't checked it out yet. After those photos (peanut butter, yes!), I'm so there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pie looks legit, and I would pay $5 for it. In fact, at some point I have to go check that out. haha. Five dollars seems like a standard pie slice price. Of course diff places give you diff amount... at the Milk Bar I think their slices are always super small.

    ReplyDelete