Sunday, November 16, 2008

Matteo and Paula - Paris

The Most Relaxing Lunch
Puff and I were walking around the 6th Arondissement on Sunday afternoon, looking for something to eat. A real rookie mistake, we found out - nothing is open in the 6th on Sunday. Well, amost nothing. While looking around for bikes to rent so that we could pedal back to life in the 3rd, we stumbled into this lovely cafe. The stone walls and plank floors were lit minimally, which made it all the more inviting to my eye.


They serve a variety of charcuterie plates, pizza, sandwiches and desserts. I had a croissant with Parma ham, with a side of salad. We lounged there, ate, read the papers and people-watched. I found myself drifting into a calm that I hadn't felt for some time. Perhaps this is how Sundays should be - few shops open, nothing to do, forced relaxation. Thankfully, I was able to spend a few hours in Matteo and Paula to contemplate this.

6th Arondissement
Paris

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

No comments:

Post a Comment