Monday, June 11, 2012

Cheok Kee Braised Duck Rice - Singapore

Laziness, Personified
I recently quit my job, pulled stakes in Paris and settled in Singapore.  I tell myself I'm in early retirement and will repeat it like a mantra until my money runs out.  With little to worry about I anticipated a blog creativity burst that never arrived. Rather, I've become lazier.  I can easily pass a day without doing a whole lot.  For hours I ponder deep questions such as "should I swim before dinner or after?"   Then I stumbled into Cheok Kee, where they take the bones out of the duck for you.  These are the types of incremental improvements that can jolt a listless retiree back into the blogosphere.

It comes smothered in a hearty sauce to which I mixed in some of their fragrant chili.  I impatiently dug in while Dodo was off buying drinks.

The slices of duck were super tender and with no bones to slow me down I ploughed through greedily.  As my stomach filled my thoughts turned towards the afternoon nap.  A good lunch sends me down to REM level three.
If you're lazy like I am, you should visit Cheok Kee.  Just make sure you bring someone to wait in line for you.
69 Geylang Bahru
Geylang Bahru Market and Food Centre

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

6 comments:

  1. what a bold move to quit your job and settle in SG! I wish I could do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do the same, it's easy. Just be crazy like me and then act brave...

      Delete
  2. So how's the easy life in Singapore? Playing a lot of golf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The easy life is well named.

    ReplyDelete