Monday, April 25, 2011

Asiadog - Manhattan

Thumb-Deep in Toppings
What kind of sadistic genius carpets a beef dog with cubes of barbecued pork belly?  I'd read the ingredients before ordering but somehow it didn't quite hit me until I had it in my paws.  There they were, cow and pig together, in optimal forms, cucumber and scallions sitting shotgun.  I really enjoyed it, staining my jeans in the process.  It was my first time eating an Asiadog, and it didn't take long to realize that the place is not so much about the dogs as it is about the additives.
Check out the "Ito" - it's got japanese curry and kimchi apples on it.  I don't know what a kimchi apple is, did they bury the apples in the backyard for a few months?  Frigging tasty.  Doesn't sound good but it is.  Kinda reminded me of my Dad's salads - he combines strange things to excellent effect.
I kept it inside the park and only got these two singles.  I was tempted to crank it up, though.  I want to come back to try the "Sidney" which sports thai mango relish and crushed peanuts or the "Ginny" that comes with kimchi and nori flakes (seaweed.)  You get a choice of beef, chicken or veggie dog but with these toppings I'm not sure you could tell the difference.  Dodo, I'm thinking you'd like this spot.
66 Kenmare St
Manhattan

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I will like it... what a combi - hotdog with fatty pork... Oooo... drooling just thinking about it.

    Any sides? Tell me, tell me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Puffin - picture me saying this in my most annoying voice "I dunnnnnnooooooooooo." Wahahahahahah.

    ReplyDelete