Saturday, February 6, 2010

Le Moulin de la Vierge - Paris

Sucker for the Old School
I love classic, ornate Parisian patisseries. They transport you back a hundred years with their dark wood, low lighting and painted tile ceilings. Le Moulin de la Vierge is a particularly good example - if you catch just an eye-sliver of it from the street you're bound to come in for a peek. I noticed it while walking down rue St-Dominique on my way to Jean Millet.

It was a drizzly, nasty day outside but when I stepped inside the clouds parted to reveal an azure sky.

I walked from front to back to front again absorbed in the beautiful surroundings. The patisseries were a secondary attraction - my mood was already lifted. This is mainly a take-out affair, there are just two small tables up front if you want to eat on-site and drink coffee.
I got a Tartelette aux Pommes to go and ate it at home later in the afternoon. I can't say it was the best I've had - rather pedestrian, actually. However, it didn't detract from the enjoyment of the visit.

64, rue St Dominique
7th Arondissement
(and three other locations)

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

No comments:

Post a Comment