Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Victory - Brooklyn

What The F???
Say this in your best John McEnroe voice: "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!" This place, the Victory Cafe, may just be my most beloved coffee spot in the world. So, it felt like a punch in the gut when I read this sign on their door this morning.

Is this the "new normal"? In the middle of the recession-depression is it wise to mess with an established, rent-paying business? You could easily end up with a boarded up storefront like many around the corner on Smith St, Mr. Landlord. I cannot even imagine Brooklyn without this place. Hey, why don't we cut down all the trees on State St while we're at it! STUPID!!! Fight on, Patrick, we support you! Note: if you want to lend your voice, go here to the "Support the Victory" blog.

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

1 comment:

  1. This is a shocker! What in the world is the stupid landlord thinking of???

    I am still looking forward to eating my bialy and drinking my latte while reading the NY Times when I head back in Mar.

    Patrick, you got to keep this going!!!

    ReplyDelete