Monday, November 10, 2008

L'As du Falafel - Paris

Falafels in the Heart of Paris
Puff and I are here in Paris, reading through many Paris food blogs to find places to eat. L'As du Falafel (Ace of Falafel) is recommended in many of the blogs. It is only a 5 minute walk from where we are staying in the 4th Arondissement, so we decided to check it out. It is located on a tiny, medieval street called Rue de Rosiers in the Marais district. The tabletops carry their trademark.


Puffin ordered the Israeli plate - a hummous-falafel combo. She rated it as "yummilicous." The falafels had a nice, crispy texture. The hummous tasted different than I am used to but I liked it.

I ordered the shawarma plate, which came with a dash of hummous and some fries.

Again, it was not a completely familiar tasting shawarma but it was good. I cannot say if the difference was due to this being an Israeli version of shawarma or if the meat itself, being from France, lent the variation of flavor.

4th Arondissement
Paris

Related Posts by Category



Widget by Gagan

2 comments:

  1. The most memorable part of the meal for me was the home-cut fries. Freshly cut from potatoes and not processed.... I could eat a whole lot more but was stopped from the stuffing my face with all the fries by you know who :)

    Overall.. the meal kept me smiling for the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, what the Puffin fails to mention is that all the fries were on MY plate. Hello?

    ReplyDelete